Celebrate Earth Day 2006
April 22, 2006
Today is Earth Day, a celebration of all things natural and a time dedicated to understanding our environmental impact. This is one my favorite days of the year…I encourage you to do something special today to honor Mother Earth.
1. Send a free Earth Day E-Card via the Nature Conservancy to help raise awareness.
2. Join a local event in your community. There are literally hundreds of festivals, marches and celebrations going on right now!
3. Learn how you can conserve resources at home, at work and on the road. These easy-to-follow tips can save you time and money as you help reduce your environmental impact.
4. Sign an online petition to stop global warming, to save our seas, and to protect endangered animals.
5. Contact your congressmen & senators- urge them to take a proactive stance on environmental issues.
6. Make a donation to the Environmental Defense Fund to preserve our oceans, protect endangered species and fight for claner air. Bella Luccè is in the process of becoming an Earth Share partner (through the EDF), helping our employees to directly donate a portion of each paycheck to important environmental causes.
7. Take a quiz to learn more about your personal ecological footprint. Prepare to be shocked…
8. Buy something organic today. Also check out some tasty organic recipes and prepare a meal for your family that you can feel good about. On a budget? Learn 17 tips for buying organic on the cheap.
9. Teach your children the importance of environmental awareness. Younger children can play games, read stories and create printable activities at the EPA website, while older kids will enjoy an action packed game of Hog Busters.
10. Discover businesses that are taking strides to become more earth-friendly- then support them. Also browse 1% For The Planet to see a list of businesses who have pledged 1% of annual net revenues to support environmentally-friendly causes. On this day, Bella Luccè is especially proud to be a member of both the Organic Trade Association and the Green Products Alliance.
It is my hope that we all take small steps to make every day Earth Day. In a neat little coincidence, today also marks the 1st birthday of The Buzz. Happy Birthday Buzz!